This episode: Microbes with complementary abilities help each other grow and produce useful stuff from the air!
Download Episode (12 MB, 13 minutes)
Smith MJ, Francis MB. 2016. A designed A. vinelandii–S. elongatuscoculture for chemical photoproduction from air, water, phosphate and trace metals. ACS Synth Biol 5:955–961.
Other interesting stories:
- Bypass surgery might fix diabetes by modifying gut community
- Using bacteria to make wrinkly graphene with different properties
- Figuring out what controls where microbes live in plants
- Gut bacteria maybe related to rheumatoid arthritis
- Gut bacteria maybe related to multiple sclerosis
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!