This episode: Microbes in tight spaces grow so much they can build up pressure and burst out!
Download Episode (5.5 MB, 6 minutes)
Delarue M, Hartung J, Schreck C, Gniewek P, Hu L, Herminghaus S, Hallatschek O. 2016. Self-driven jamming in growing microbial populations. Nat Phys 12:762–766.
Other interesting stories:
- Fungi can infect and kill mosquito larvae
- Buildings could enhance our encountering beneficial microbes
- Bacteria could generate micro amounts of power
- Microbes could help improve food supply (paper)
- Modified E. coli can produce more useful fuels, chemicals
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!