This episode: Fungi control their cell’s growth and division with a protein from a virus, unlike all other kinds of eukaryote!
Download Episode (8.9 MB, 9.75 minutes)
Medina EM, Turner JJ, Gordân R, Skotheim JM, Buchler NE. 2016. Punctuated evolution and transitional hybrid network in an ancestral cell cycle of fungi. eLife 5:e09492.
Other interesting stories:
- Certain starch may help improve gut community
- Gut bacteria could control insect pests
- Pathogen produces anti-microbial compounds (paper)
- Phage feeds on host bacterium’s RNA
- Studying tiny archaea from Yellowstone
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!